| Join a company that is redefining the face of Macau, one development at a time. Melco Crown Entertainment is a developer, owner and operator of casino gaming and entertainment casino resort facilities in Macau, including the Crown Macau, Cotai’s City of Dreams integrated entertainment resort and the Mocha Clubs, Macau’s non casino-based slot machine chain. With an acquisition deal pending that will provide MPEL with a third development site on the Macau Peninsula, the employment opportunities promise to grow exponentially. A number of diverse positions will need to be filled.
Send your career skyrocketing with a company that’s changing the skyline.
Coordinator, Emergency Response - 010456
Job No.: 010456
Organization: Altira Macau
Reporting to the Manager WHS & Emergency Response, the Coordinator Emergency Response is responsible for coordinating the implementation of emergency response plans and procedures at Altira Macau and ensuring organisational emergency preparedness.
The Emergency Response Coordinator will also assist in the provision of emergency and disaster management training programs, including the conduct of fire safety drills and evacuation exercises.
- Assist as required in the coordination of commissioning, maintenance and on-going inspection of fire fighting equipment, fire stairs and fire exits.
- Liaise with the relevant Contractors and Property Services Team and co-ordinate with them the ongoing inspection and maintenance of fire related systems.
- Assist in the development of the Emergency Response Plan (EMP), the Crisis Management Plan (CMP) and the Business Continuity Plan (BCP) as required.
- Assist in developing and maintaining currency of policies and procedures for potential emergency situations.
- Prepare and coordinate the delivery of training programs for relevant Altira Macau staff and contractors in relation to fire safety, evacuation, and emergency response procedures.
- Assist in the conduct of fire safety drills and evacuation exercises as required.
- Assist in liaising with the local Fire Department Command to ensure compliance with local regulations and requirements and ensure ongoing good relations with the Fire Department by ensuring organisational preparedness and facilitation of Fire Department inspections.
- Assist in building effective relations with the Fire Service Department and also casino counterparts to ensure best practice in emergency response.
- Ensure workplace emergency incidents are thoroughly investigated and assist in the implementation of strategies to identify causes and reduce reoccurrence.
- Use cultural awareness and understanding whilst maintaining effective standards of written and verbal communication with staff and customers in the workplace.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Manager Emergency Response or the delegated authority, in accordance with all Policies and Procedures, laws and regulations, applicable to the Department and Altira Macau.
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous work experience in a local Fire Department would be an advantage.
- Experience in the development of Emergency Response procedures for a large organisation.
- Good understanding of basic Emergency Response and Evacuation procedures.
- Proficiency in maintaining accurate records and collating report summaries.
- Good knowledge of standard fire systems and equipment.
- Understanding of fire safety principles
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products
- Proficiency in Cantonese and English and languages, Mandarin also preferred.
- Experience in delivery of training programs
- Commitment to delivering and improving customer service
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Has a strong work ethic
- Ability to lead a small team
- Self motivation towards personal performance
- Ability to work flexible working hours and respond after hours in the event of an emergency