Our client is Macau’s foremost destination marketing and travel company. Due to expansion, they are looking for an experienced Product Manager to join their team in Macau.
The position will be responsible for the negotiations of Asian products, specially in Macau, Hong Kong and other top Asian destinations, to ensure that we have the best inventory and pricing. Product will include hotels, Ferries and possibly other services such as car rentals. The position entails both maintaining and expanding current product.
- Gain a thorough understanding of company business model.
- Have a thorough understanding of the distribution of the product, of how the company differentiates from other travel companies (both B2B and B2C) and how other departments within company operate.
- Ability to articulate the value for a supplier who uses the company to distribute its product through various distribution channels, as well as how the technology will allow a supplier to be more efficient.
- Ability to thoroughly understand and analyze the key suppliers in the market.
- Ability to access the right high level decision makers and present the value proposition that Travel Holdings offers.
- Ability to maintain constant knowledge of how the company’s product compares to that of the competition, by analysis of the market. Also, must analyze company’s availability and ensure that inventory is available for key dates.
- Experience within the travel industry (prefer experience within the Asian market) with solid understanding of how tour operators, travel agencies and online retailers operate, as well as knowledge of how hotels position themselves within the B2B and B2C markets.
- Direct experience negotiating and procuring travel products for a tour operator, wholesaler or B2C company; with an established set of hotel contacts and relationships within the market.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, maintain and strengthen relationships with suppliers. Ability to build a comprehensive supplier loyalty to the company, by offering the supplier access to the distribution network and technology.
- Aggressive, results oriented individual. Self motivated, driven and willing to work on their own within a sizeable geographic territory.
- Strong magnetic and outgoing personality with entrepreneurship like qualities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with employees and senior management.
- Ability to schedule, prepare and execute trips / missions and the ability to garner quality meetings with key decision makers.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including public speaking and proposal / presentation writing. Multi-lingual skills are preferred, fluent cantonese is a requirement.
- Basic computer skills, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel. Ability to grasp various technology solutions that Travel Holdings offers.
They offer an attractive remuneration package with promising career prospect to the right candidates. Interested parties, please send your details CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org