|Assistant Director, Housekeeping
“Welcome to The 13 family. If you have the passion, The 13 will give you the career opportunities to be an ambassador at the gateway to global luxury. Join us to welcome the world’s most extraordinary guests to Macau, and support Macau’s development into the World Center of Tourism and Leisure.”
Assistant Director of Housekeeping is to assist Senior Director of Housekeeping, and is responsible for the daily operation and administration of the Housekeeping department, in the absence of the Senior Director of Housekeeping. To ensure that the Housekeeping Department provides the highest standards of excellence in product, physical atmosphere, and service. To maintain superior standards of cleanliness in both front of house and back of house areas.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties:
• Assists in the recruitment, hiring, training, evaluating, disciplining, and motivating of employees.
• Responsible for the timely completion and posting of all Housekeeping schedules.
• Monitors staffing to insure maximum service, quality, efficiency, and productivity.
• Monitors daily assignments to insure that proper quotas are maintained.
• Inspects all front of house and back of house areas cleaned on a regular basis to help insure maintenance of standards.
• Assists with scheduling of weekly, monthly and quarterly cleaning schedules for front of house and back of house areas.
• Participates in the monitoring of cost management as it pertains to inventories, use of supplies, labor and energy.
• Ensures proper professional working relationship with all departments and divisions within the hotel.
• Inspects AM and PM service on daily basis.
• Oversees the “General Clean and Preventive Maintenance Program: for the guestrooms.
• Contributes to the morale and team spirit of the hotel by maintaining effective relations with colleagues.
• Assists with administering the hotel’s “Lost and Found” system.
• Participates in conducting and planning monthly departmental meetings and daily pre-shift briefing.
• Fully conversant with and adherent to all health and safety, fire and emergency procedures.
• Performs additional duties as directed.
• Maintains high standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, and body language.
• Polite and professional in any situation where the image or reputations of the hotel is.
• College degree plus technical certificate of diploma
• Minimum of three years’ experience in managerial position, or equivalent, at a luxury hotel.
• Strong organization and administrative skills.
• Fluent in spoken and written English and Mandarin, with Cantonese is preferred.
• Detailed knowledge of working practices of Housekeeping.
• Must have the ability to respond to handle difficult or stressful situations with tact and diplomacy.
• Ability to operate a personal computer.
• Capable of preparing reports and presentation in English.
• Good interpersonal skills required. Interacts mainly with colleagues and occasionally with guests.
“We invest heavily in our staff, including extensive training and development, which is an essential and integral part of creating, from Macau, one of the world’s leading luxury brands.”
Interested applicants please apply and submit your resume via www.the13.com/careers or contact us at +853 8862 6333 for enquiry.
All information provided by applicants will be treated in strict confidence and used only for recruitment purposes.