| Assistant Director, Food & Beverage
"Welcome to THE 13 family. If you have the passion, THE 13 will give you the career opportunities to be an ambassador at the gateway to global luxury. Join us to welcome the world’s most extraordinary guests to Macau, and support Macau’s development into the World Center of Tourism and Leisure. "
Summary of Position:
• Oversee the function of all food and beverage outlets to ensure excellent customer service and maximize revenue and profits. Responsible for providing a full range of operational and administrative support for the Director of Food & Beverage with great energy in a professional and stylish manner to ensure the smooth operation of Food & Beverage department. Responsible for coaching directly the outlet managers, team leaders and other members of staff within the Food and Beverage Department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist in the management of Food & Beverage function.
• Compiles data and produce regular scheduled reports from F&B operation.
• Liaise with outlet managers, team leaders and other members of staff in relation to follow up on queries, deadlines, requests and special functions instigated by the Director of Food & Beverage.
• Work with the individual outlet managers concerning food and beverage quality, service, cleanliness, merchandizing and promotions.
• Audition, select, train, supervise, counsel and discipline outlet staff members for the efficient operation of the outlet.
• Resolve problems to the satisfaction of involved parties.
• Maintain communication with all departments to ensure customer service needs are met. Develop, implement, and change menu items on an as-needed basis.
• Move throughout facilities (both front and back of the house) including casino, hotel and joint venture restaurants to visually monitor and take action to ensure food quality and service standards are met. Verify temperatures, judge appearance and taste of products and check preparation methods to determine quality. Give guidance toward improvement and make necessary adjustments for consistency.
• Utilize prescribed cash handling procedures to accurately charge customers, create forecast and revenue reports and write correspondence.
• Arrange daily and weekly training sessions for outlet managers and encourage them to do the same sessions for other staff members.
• Request monthly training schedule from each outlet and inspect each section personally. Prepare monthly training report and submit to Director of Food and Beverage.
• Maintain profitability of F&B outlets to support overall hotel operation.
• Control payroll and equipment cost (minimizing loss and misuse).
• Ensure par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, ordering and retrieving supplies and stocking. • Evaluate cost effectiveness of all aspects of operation. Develop and implement cost saving and profit enhancing measures. Review, prepare and update forecasts as needed.
• Act with a degree of independence as liaison with both internal and external clients. Handle clients’ requests and complaints as appropriate in order to maximize customer satisfaction while maintaining company’s interests.
• Assist Director of Food and Beverage and Executive Chef with tasting, plate presentations, beverage preparations etc.
• Attend outside as well as internal promotions, meetings or training to remain current with food and beverage knowledge.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Food and Beverage and/or General Manager.
• Degree/diploma holder in hotel management or comparable experience of similar capacity.
Knowledge, Skills & Experiences:
• Possess computer operation knowledge.
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to supervise subordinates.
• Ability to solve problems and make rational decisions.
• Considerable knowledge of complex mathematical calculations. Budgetary analysis capabilities required.
• Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
• Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
• Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision.
• Ability to distinguish product quality, taste, texture and presentation and observe preparation.
• Fluency in English and Cantonese, both written and spoken. Knowledge of Mandarin preferred but not essential. • Minimum 3 years of food and beverage operation experience.
• Minimum 2 years of supervisory/management level.
"We invest heavily in our staff, including extensive training and development, which is an essential and integral part of creating, from Macau, one of the world’s leading luxury brands. Interested applicants please apply and submit your resume via https://the13.com/careers. or contact us at +853 8862 6333 for enquiry."
All information provided by applicants will be treated in strict confidence and used only for recruitment purposes.