- Reviews drawings and other documents to write and edit specifications for projects and coordinates compliance with project requirements, institutional guidelines and technical conditions;
- Interprets the project design requirements and translates those requirements into materials, methods, equipment, procedures, installation, and certification testing necessary to provide the narrative descriptions which are used to procure, install and erect building components;
- Participates in QA/QC reviews and checks on project documents;
- Coordinates specifications with Building Information Modeling (BIM) strategies and specification writing software;
- Assists project managers and architects with material and system constructability analysis;
- Performs product research; assists project designers with material selection and system research;
- Participates in quality management reviews and technical advice in design development through construction document phases;
- Assists project architects with shop drawing and product substitution review;
- Coordinates and reviews consultant technical specifications for conformance with Westar standards;
- Acts as a risk management resource to other project leaders;
- Develops and maintains relationships with vendors;
- Develops new specification sections as needed;
- Participates in developing and improving Westar document standards and best practice procedures and bridges the gap between design professionals, specifications, LEED, QA/QC and construction administration.
- 5 to 7 Years of Experience in a similar position.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of interior design, design trends, products, construction methodology, material application and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness;
- Strong knowledge of construction procedures and schedules;
- Strong knowledge of interior plans and material requirements of all building and facility types;
- Advanced knowledge in gaming, F&B, retail and hospitality specifications is preferred but not required;
- Strong ability to research and apply/incorporate into technical documents;
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Ability to produce a well-coordinated, detail-oriented, fully integrated specifications;
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and produce results within deadline;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or equivalent in appropriate education and experience required;
- Minimum 5 years in Interior Design practice with prior experience in specifications development.
- The Specifications Writer reports to the Senior Architects; coordinates activities with other Interior Design development staff.
Interested parties please send full English resume with expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org .